You’re interested in buying a vibrator for couples but have little experience with them. Never fear! Using vibrators is an enjoyable experience if you know what you’re doing and follow a few safety steps. Here’s what you need to know about this process.
Why Couples Use Vibrators
Couples may experiment with vibrators for many reasons. For example, adding a vibrator to your sex life may:
- Expand the different ways you pleasure each other
- Increase your pleasure during sex
- Provide more control over your sexual experience
- Create simultaneous pleasure situations
Thankfully, vibrators are not complex tools and are typically easy to understand right away. However, you may put them inside your body or that of your partner. Adding anything foreign to your body requires a few safety steps that will make sure you pleasure each other properly.
Safely Using Your Vibrator
If you plan on using a vibrator to enhance your sex life, it is important to follow several steps to minimize any potential risk. While vibrators are very safe to use when handled properly, the following steps will increase their safety and ensure that you don’t experience any problems:
- Choose an Appropriate Size: Vibrators come in many shapes and sizes. Make sure that you choose one that is appropriate for you and your partner. Larger ones may not be a great option for smaller people or those with minimal sexual experience.
- Clean It Between Uses: Make sure that you carefully wipe down your vibrator between uses, using safe wipes or water to remove any bodily fluids. Doing so helps to keep it from getting damaged or stained and minimizes the risk of spreading bacteria when used.
- Check the Speed Settings: Vibrators include multiple settings, like speed, intensity, and vibration patterns. Before using a new model, make sure you check each of these settings. Doing so can help you and your partner find an option that feels comfortable and not overpowering.
- Lubricate It Properly: While the vagina may produce enough lubrication for vibrators, other holes on the body do not. Lubricate your vibrator for anal use or if you or your partner’s vagina doesn’t lubricate quickly. Doing so can help ensure pleasure and not pain.
- Pick Its Use: When using your vibrator, it should be limited to specific uses. For example, an anal vibrator should not be used for vaginal stimulation. If you plan on using vibrators for both vaginal and anal pleasure, buy multiple options and use them only for that purpose.
- Start Out Slowly: If you or your partner have never used a vibrator, start with the slowest setting and insert it only partially into their body. As you gain more experience, you can increase the intensity with which you use it to get more enjoyable experiences.
- Use a Firm Grip: When using your vibrator on a partner, make sure that you keep a firm grip on the model. Doing so will help you control their pleasure and provide a more enjoyable experience. You may use two hands if the vibrations get too intense.
- Pay Attention to Your Body: Listen to what your body is saying when using your vibrator. Do you feel any pain? If you do, something is wrong. Stop using your vibrator and do a quick inspection. Visit your doctor if you notice any bleeding.
Make Sure You Have Fun
The most important thing about this experimentation is to have fun and enjoy yourself. Doing so can improve your sex life and make your relationship more enjoyable. Make sure that you talk to your doctor about any discomfort you feel to check for infections or other concerns.