Loungewear is an ideal option for people who are always on the go and don’t have time to plan their outfits for the day. You can do your errands, work, exercise, spend a day with family and friends and even sleep in it. It’s that comfortable. Dressing comfortably helps you focus more; thus, you can accomplish more tasks. Most people would even prefer wearing loungewear for the entire day.
Additionally, it’s so versatile that you can easily change your look with the right kind of accessories and hair and makeup. Don’t forget to iron your clothes if needed, so that you’d look neat.
Here are some tips to look chic in loungewear:
Go For A Monochromatic Look
Wearing different shades of the same color from head to toe would make you look more put together, sophisticated, and chic. This is an excellent way to show off your new handbag, jewelry, or shoes. You can use a different color that way, and it will stand out. Get color matching sets and buy Nude Lucy clothing.
- Add Texture To The Look – Play around with different textures after putting on a matching loungewear set. And, pair cotton with a wool cardigan or leather jacket, or silk scarf.
- Play With Patterns – You can also opt to wear a monobloc hoodie of the same shade of color on top of your matching set loungewear; to achieve the sporty look.
- Think About Proportions – Pair your fitted sports bra with jogger pants and an oversized hoody with biker shorts. You can add dimension to your outfit.
- Layers – This is where you can get a little creative. Wear a denim jacket or wool cardigan on top of your maxi dress.
Learn To Accessorize
The right kind of accessory can transform your entire look. For example, a simple earring with a few adjustments can elevate your whole outfit. Switch your sneakers with a pair of heels. This will turn your casual look into something more suitable for a night out with your family. Mix and match your accessories and think about one statement piece you’d wish to stand out.
- Footwear – Finish your monochromatic look with a statement pair of sneakers or sandals or heels. This can be a different shade of color or an entirely different color. Wear something that will last you all day, something comfortable and stylish if you will.
- Jewelry – If you’re going to wear all black, wear all gold type of jewelry. If you’re going to wear all white, wear all silver kind of jewelry. If you want to achieve a more subtle look, you can simply wear a watch.
- Bag – Choose a bag that can carry your things for the day. If you’re going for a sporty look, maybe get a fanny pack.
- Hat – If it’s going to be a hot day and you need extra protection to cover your face, wear a hat. This is also an additional touch for a sporty look.
Wear Make Up And Do Your Hair
Enhance what you already have with makeup. You can opt for a ‘no-makeup makeup look’ if you wish to keep it simple; go for neutral colors. If you are unsure, consider matching it with your loungewear. But if you’re going to a girl’s night out, perhaps change up your makeup a little bit.
This is similar to accessories. The right kind of makeup will elevate your entire look. Moreover, don’t forget to fix your hair. If it’s going to be a busy day, keep your hair out of your face and let it down when you are done with your task.
Look At The Mirror
Before leaving your home to do a quick run or grab your morning coffee, take a glance at your mirror and see if you look chic. This is important as you want to achieve balance, don’t over style. And make sure the clothes fit you, and you look good in them. It doesn’t matter what type of clothes you are wearing if you don’t feel about it, it will show.
The main goal is to move freely, do what you need to do for the day, and still look chic. It doesn’t have to be extravagant. You can always go for a minimalist look if you’re not sure. Once you already have an outfit in mind, you can easily accessorize it and top it with hair and makeup to complete the look.
When you know your style, everything will be a piece of cake. Furthermore, being able to style your loungewear and still look chic is a skill that you can improve using this handy guide.
Cynthia L. Magoon is a lifestyle blogger and stylist. She spends her weekends styling models for photoshoots. She also loves collecting coffee table books about fashion.